If you want to experience nature, history and adventure, then you should try exploring the province of Ilocos.
Ilocos is located 408 kilometers northwest of Manila. There are a lot of things that you can do in Ilocos that one week is not enough to enjoy and really appreciate the beauty that Ilocos has to offer:
Here are top 5 must see places when you visit Ilocos:
1. Kapurpurawan Rock Formation in Burgos. This was once a well-kept secret among photographers but is one of the most famous tourist spot in Ilocos now. This rock formation was once under water but process of sedimentation and erosion has made this beautiful submarine-looking image made from white limestone rock.
2. Cape Bojeador in Burgos. Cape Bojeador is an old lighthouse sitting on the top of the hill. It is the highest elevated lighthouse in the country standing at 65 feet/20 meters high. To see the lighthouse up close and personal, one must do a lot of climbing up a hill, spiral staircase and ladder to reach the beacon.
3. Windmill Farm in Bangui. The windmill farm is the first ever source of clean energy in the Philippines and it supply 40% of electricity in Ilocos.
4. Ancestral homes in Vigan. Go back in time and reminisce history as you view ancestral houses and antique shops in Calle Crisologo, Vigan. You can even ride a kalesa (horse drawn carriage) to take you around town and explore other places like Plaza Salcedo and Plaza Burgos, which is famous for their fried empanada.
5. Beaches in Pagudpud. Pagudpod is known for its powdery white sand beaches and along this stretch you will find Saud Beach and their well know Blue Lagoon that is truly inviting to enjoy a swim or just laze around on the beach and enjoy the sand and the sun.
Author’s Bio: Abie is a travel blogger and she also works as a content writer for Pak30.fr, a site where you can find sac Eastpak France